Manson's Thoughts

Collection of poems/verses/ideologies written over the years.

If you like what you read, please comment on it.

For pieces of writing that are missing titles:
if you like the verse, feel free to come up with a title for it.

On Designing Life...

After two hours of How I Met Your Mother yesterday, one dialogue caught my attention.

...
Lily: "... You can't design your life like a building, it doesn't work that way. You have to live it, and it will design itself."
Ted: "...So I just do nothing?"
Lily: "No. Listen to what the world is telling you to do, and take the leap."
...


Haha. What a great show. A funny sitcom teaching a life lesson. Isn't that awesome?

There is so much truth in these few lines though. I mean, I can sit here and imagine the perfect ideal life, and try to get the pieces fall into place. Try to account for the unexpected, etc.

...But life really just does not work that way. No matter how prepared you are, life will throw a wrench at you. The only way to not feel that life has thrown a wrench at you when you least expect is to not be expecting anything at all! If life throws a wrench at you, catch it, and use it to help you make something even better.

By this, I don't mean that I will not plan ahead for the future anymore, but when there are times when leaps are available, I should take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home